Optimization of training management
Moving from the obligation to spend training budgets, towards a company’s obligation to achieve results. This paradigm shift requires Human Resources and Training Departments to effectively steer their training system.
FACILITATING SKILLS DEVELOPMENT
Organizing the enhancement of employee skills is a crucial element in any business strategy. Today, professional success is characterized by a person’s ability to create better career prospects for themselves. Training departments must play a facilitating role and offer employees the opportunity to learn throughout their professional careers. By providing better training and enabling new skill acquisition, a company can improve its competitiveness and prepare for the changes ahead in its sector.
While humans remain at the heart of their skills, skills obsolescence is not inevitable: it is the role of HR to anticipate this phenomenon and to endeavor to develop the skills of employees well before it has an impact. It is up to professionals in the training world to support all employees through adapted, continuous and lifelong training.
A MORE TARGETED MANAGEMENT OF TRAINING
The role of training coordinator has become one of skills director and not only management. His or her capacity is changing: marketing has become essential to the job. Upstream, this requires a precise analysis of the needs of employees:
- Determine the best educational “mix” through the careful analysis of the different modalities, their pedagogical relevance, their costs, and their efficiency.
- Prioritize the needs from the field, called for by employees and managers
This challenge of optimizing training devices is the responsibility of HR & Training Departments. For which they must be attentive to the following issues:
- Facilitate the collection, consolidation and selection of training needs (collective & individual needs).
- Identify any gaps in employee know-how to help build adapted training programs, in relation to the overall strategy of the company.
- Save time on administrative procedures (simplified registration management, automatic sending of invitations, management of funding requests, etc.)
- Anticipate legal obligations (retraining and renewal authorizations)
- Increase fill rate of training sessions
- Involve managers in developing employee skills
- Easily access key performance indicators